the orange yarn, please

Orange is too cool for shoes.

August 29, 2004

oh yes.

I finished that afghan. It took a month. Probably would've taken longer if I hadn't been laid up with my distressed fibula (read: broken leg). But anyway, it's done and in a gift bag for Grandpa Pete. Fortunately, he's not a yarn snob and doesn't care that I only spent $20 on the yarn by using (gasp!) Caron's acrylic. It came out looking great, and he loves it. That's all that matters. I'm proud! Yeehaw!

I also knitted a hat from Fiber Trends AC-1 for Mom's birthday. I started it yesterday and ended today; it was really easy. It felted pretty quickly (as all my things do, for some reason - I just read a blog where a lady said she sometimes felts her items for 45 minutes, and I think at that point even Barbie would feel bloated in my felted things). I did it in Plymouth Galway #132 (2 skeins). Funny thing was I forgot to tuck in my cast-on tail, so I ended up cutting it off (egads) when it was done felting. It didn't do any harm, but sheesh. Duh, Michelle. Just duh. I found two skeins of Berroco's Mohair Classic in shade 1137. There's only 93 yards per skein so I don't know what I'm going to do with it. This week at Stone Harbor I'm going to try to do some handbags in Deco-Ribbon, a big felted tote with my Lamb's Pride, and I'm going to try to do some socks. Wish me luck! :)