the orange yarn, please

Orange is too cool for shoes.

October 18, 2004

not back yet, but

just a little hello post! california is a beautiful place - albeit very busy. the traffic is a true nightmare, which doesn't make it easy to drive around and find the lys's in the area. i did manage to find one, the incredible knitty gritty, which is a wonderful little shop in anaheim with a great selection and a sweet and helpful owner. i picked up some horstia that was in the sale bin, along with some crystal palace bamboo needles, which were very dreamy to work with! i was working on gabe's sweater, aka "bolus," and noticed that i left my size 9's at home (needed for cuff and hem ribbing). darn, guess i had to buy another pair - and some bamboo ones to boot! i also picked up some patterns - for a stole and a basic pullover. i'd like to go back and get some more stuff - i saw something i'd like to send to my secret pal!

speaking of which, i heard from my KRsecret pal! woohoo! she sent me a lovely e-card. thanks, KRSP!

we have five days left here in california, and as much as i love it, i'm ready to come home to my bed, my cloudy, and my kitchen. i'm burgered-and-fried out!

i have lots of fun pics to post, but can't figure out how to hook up my camera to the laptop (hubby's computer, and he's napping right now). the highlight of the trip so far was to visit buster keaton's grave (my middle name is macabre), seeing the gorgeous landscape of san diego, and just being with the family. we're so busy at home that it's nice to slow things down and be together on this vacation.

take care, all!