the orange yarn, please

Orange is too cool for shoes.

November 09, 2004

big schnozzes and mitten cakes

i had originally posted about how i have one and an eighth christmas projects done, and about 20 people i want to knit things for. i pitifully asked you if you thought i could finish, and asked for a kind and gentle answer.

but it occurred to me that many of my recipients are also readers of my blog, so there went that post.

instead, i'd like to say this:

why do i have crushes on these actors?




i was talking with my kids about having crushes on cartoon characters as a child. they think it's hysterical that i used to love:


so sue me. i liked his black feathers and sardonic wit.

back to normalcy: i love these mittens so much, and she's starting another pair . did you ever see one of those cakes martha stewart would whip up, where she'd put a stencil on the top of the uniced cake and then sprinkle powdered sugar over the stencil to create a really intricate design? that's what these mittens remind me of. i could just eat 'em up.

i get so inspired by all of you. thank you for blogging!


P.S. Does anyone have any problems getting notice through bloglines when I update my blog? Let me know - I think my account is messed up. Thanks! :)